…Using Email Marketing and Campaign Landing Pages
A key part of your sales process will be identifying hot sales leads for your sales team to nurture. A prospect that is showing genuine interest in your company, products or services by interacting somehow, is much more likely to bite than someone that is simply browsing on your website. So, whittling out the hot prospects from the lukewarm ones by tracking how they are interacting with your brand is becoming increasingly important.
Wait..before we get into this, why not check out our quick (under two minutes) video on the story of Harry and how he used email and campaign pages to identify hot sales leads…
How email marketing & campaign landing pages will help you identify hot leads…
There are two key marketing channels, email marketing and campaign landing pages, that will help you identify hot leads. Why? Because between these channels, a lot can be measured and tracked. Plus, throw in real-time measurement and you can see hot leads emerge before your very eyes!
Let’s look at an example campaign, outlining how you can identify hot sales leads using these two channels:
- First, get a database of potential customers together – ensuring that they are the kind of customers who are likely and able to buy whatever it is you are selling, be that products or services.
- Send everyone on that database an email - make sure it’s personalised (it’s shown to increase conversion rates) and instead of using a generic link, make them feel special and make your campaign more measurable by using a Personalised URL (PURL) to lead them to your campaign landing page.
- Ensure the content on the landing page is targeted to the audience, and really focuses on the product or service that you are trying to sell. Now here comes the key part…they have to confirm their information so that you can turn them into a hot lead which you can then contact – but how are you going to do that? We recommend a voucher or offer of some sort which they will get when they share their details. Again make this linked to the product or service you are selling – an offer will only make it more attractive to them!
- Set up real time emails so that when a prospect completes the form and downloads the voucher, your sales team receive an email alert – at which point they can follow up as you see fit – maybe it’s via direct mail, posting an info pack or even an instant phone call.
- Make sure that the prospect receives an email thanking them for sharing their details and giving them any additional info you feel is important. Make sure your company’s contact details are on that email loud and clear – you want to encourage them to take some action!
There you have it, some ideas as to how you can use email and campaign landing pages to identify hot sales leads. You have the ideas now, but if you need the technical bit done, well that’s where we can come in!
We’re right here if you fancy a chat about how we can help you do this.
What other techniques have you used to identify hot sales leads? Are you using email marketing, real-time measurement and campaign landing pages? Tell us what you think, leave a comment below – don’t be shy!